Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My Top Five Closet Essentials



If picture isn't loading click this link-->  My Top Five 2k15 Closet Essentials



Greetings Friends! Welcome back! If this is your first time here with us, then head over to my All About Me page to learn more about me and my philosophy towards fashion for teens! XO Kate

So today I wanted to talk to you about what my personal Go-To Closet Items. A lot of my friends have asked me before, " How do you always look so put together? What is your secret?" And to this I tell them, " It's all about the essentials." Everyone always has a secret to their outfits, and I'm going to share with you My Top Five Closet Essentials.

1. My Trusty Skinny Jeans- My gosh, I would not be able to form a coherent outfit... or sentence, without my skinnies. I literally love them so much. They are an absolute must to my everyday outfit. I think I may own one or two pairs of boot cut, but skinnies are the ruler of my bottom drawer. I personally like the dark wash skinnies at American Eagle . Especially when there is a big sale right before school on all of their jeans. I go crazy. My second favorite place to buy skinnies is at Loft. The ones that I live in are their Modern Skinny jeans. They are the boom. Plus, after a few washes, they are so soft and comfy. Perfect for when you wanna look nice, but still wanna be toasty warm in your favorite sweatpants. The only reason I prefer American Eagle over Loft jeans is because of the price. Loft is a little hefty when you're on a tight budget, and AE jeans fit the bill perfectly. But, on a good sale day, you can get Loft jeans for a reasonable price.

2. My Pearly- White Pearls- These are always a good bet. Pearls are both versatile and chic, so they go with about every outfit imaginable. Whatever the occasion, pearls always come through for me. My pearls were a gift to me from a mom, but my fake bigger pearls are from Loft. I love them just the same.
Plus, when I need more of an eye catcher, I go for my Loft pair . When I need something a little understated, I use my real pearls that way it balances my outfit.

3. A Watch- Why is this an essential on my list you may ask? Well, watches are a great accessory for a girl on the move. Especially when you are in high school. We all know that the clocks in school are never trustworthy. So, my philosophy, buy a watch and keep track of the time yourself. Plus, I always love the little designs that they put in the watch itself. They are so unique and colorful that it can spice up can any one of your outfits. I have a couple of different watches that I am in love with. My certain favorite of the month, was a gift that I got for Christmas. It is a simple tan leather watch with gold accents from Kate Spade. It is gorgeous. It is both youthful and classic... which we all know is my favorite combination.

My next favorite watch, is a Garmin watch. If you have ever seen these watches, then you know that they are used for monitoring fitness and health. That is not the only great thing about these watches though. They are also quite cute! They come in a lot of different colors and designs to fit your personality. I personally have a black and pink one that I where for Track, but also if I'm wearing a more casual outfit. I have had many compliments on this bad boy.
  
4.  Cute Graphic Tees-  Whenever I want to wear a cute cardigan/ sweater, I always turn to my graphic tees from Loft to help me complete my look. They are so soft and flexible that I even sleep in them! Plus, Loft has an amazing selection of graphic tees that are adorable and wearable for all ages. My favorite, you saw me wearing last night in my Messy and Cute Hairstyle video (If you want to check out this video, visit my Monday Mayhems post). Here are few, quick examples of some of the selection they have a Loft.

5. Flats- I love myself some cute, comfortable flats. I probably own about six pairs of different colored flats!! My favorite place to purchase flats is on Modcloth.com. I know a lot of people are nervous to buy shoes online, but Modcloth thought ahead! On the description, they make it easy for you to decide what size you will need by telling you if you need to size up or size down based on fit. It is a life savor. Here are some examples of cute flats from Modcloth that I am in absolute love with.




I hope you guys enjoyed this post! I had fun creating it, and I hope it was helpful! Questions or comments, leave them below, and I will try my best to answer you back! Don't forget to share this blog if you like it enough! Also, follow me on Instagram and Pinterest. Usernames are on the side bar--> 
Until next time! XO Kate










No comments:

Post a Comment