Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Marsala- The Offical Color of the Year

I always look forward to the beginning of a new year. New dreams, new hopes, and new fashion. These are not the only reasons though. When I wake up on January 1st of every year, the first thing I like to do is google the New and Improved Color of the Year. It always makes me so excited for the potential new items I can start stocking up on. And this year, was no exception. So, when January 1st came around this year, I jumped on my phone to see what would be my new inspiration for this year's wardrobe. Surprised by their choice, but excited about the promising shade, I read article after article and looked at picture after picture at the new color. Dying to know what color got me so excited? Take a look yourself...



  "Much like the fortified wine that gives Marsala its name, this tasteful hue embodies the satisfying richness of a fulfilling meal while its grounding red-brown roots emanate a sophisticated, natural earthiness." says Pantone's executive director Leatrice Eiseman as she describes the new color of the year. I couldn't have said it better myself, Ms. Leatrice Eiseman. One of the reasons I fell in love with this color when I saw it is because of it's warmth and earthiness. Some of the past colors that have been selected have been bold and bright, kind of like they are screaming at you for attention, but marsala is quite the opposite. It makes you want to dye your fuzziest blanket, find a quiet place to sit, and dive right into a good book. Am I right, ladies?
If you're wondering what designers have done with this shade, don't worry I've already put together a quick list of pictures. So, ladies, put your inspired caps on and start thinking of some ways you can put Marsala into your everyday wardrobe. 
Also, check this set out on my polyvore to see where everything is from!! Thanks for reading! Link to polyvore is on side bar---> 
XO Kate


2 comments:

  1. Love this color!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete