Monday, January 12, 2015

How to Make the Most Out of Your Wardrobe

 We all get bored with our wardrobes ever once and a while.... some more than others (ME), and it's going to happen. It's part of being a fashion diva, or just being a girl in general! So, I've decided to share with you all some of the 'battle strategies' that I use when I am having a creative block.

  1. Anything goes when it comes to fashion- Don't be afraid to mix and match prints. In today's fashion world, there really isn't a lot of rules that you need to follow! And for this, we are lucky! In the 19th and 20th century, women had certain ways they were expected to dress, but not anymore! Times have changed ladies; there are no longer any strict guidelines that limit our creativity! Don't worry about breaking the rules because they have already been broken over and over again. Put some leopard print together with some funky neon shoes, or maybe where a tribal printed shirt with an equally as bright scarf. The sky is the limited as long as it is tasteful and still you. 
  2. The Long- Lost items-  You know that cute necklace that you have hanging by your dresser, or that scarf that you have in the back of you closet that you never seem to think about wearing? Well, I want you pull those little items out of the back of your closet, and set them down on your bed. Think about them. Think about why you bought them, and what emotion you expressed when picking this item. Were you feeling love at first sight? Or maybe excitement? Joy? Or maybe you were just in the mood for something a little bit different than usual. Whatever emotion that comes to mind, think about something else in your closet that you love that also made you feel this emotion. This is something I use a lot. It may sound silly, but I'm not kidding you. Whenever I am having trouble matching a never worn item to something in my closet, I use this strategy. What I love about this is that no matter how hard of an item it is to match, I can always match it by emotion. It almost always works.
  3. Accessorize- Man do I love my accessories. Vera Wang once said something along the lines of " When wondering how to shop for things to spice up your wardrobe, buy accessories. They can change your look completely." It wasn't exactly this, but I remember thinking, "This is so true!" Because I could where a cute pink satin shirt with bangles and a pearl necklace one day, and then turn around the next day and where the same exact shirt, but with hoop earrings and a statement necklace, and people would never know the difference. Accessories are extremely valuable when it comes to 'spicing' up your favorite outfits. Don't worry if you wore the same shirt last week, worry about what accessories you wore with that shirt, and then change it up! Plus, it's not like people catalog your outfits everyday! They have more important things to worry about. Trust me.  Also with accessories, you can do about anything with them! You can layer, wear a necklace as a multi-banded bracelet, or wear gold and silver pieces together, etc.! The sky is not even the limit with accessories! So have fun with them! They are just begging to be put on! 
  4. Pinterest-  What a lovely little site. EVERYTHING you love is in one place under categories that make them easy to find! Plus, you can create "boards" to organize these items! So why not take advantage of it?? You can basically type anything and everything into that little search bar at the top, and it will come up with millions of pins to choose from! All you have to do is pick your favorite! One of my favorite things to do when I need fresh ideas, is do exactly this with the latest trends.. Hint: maybe search " Teen Fashion" then add a certain color or print that shows up a lot in your wardrobe. That way you can maybe get a fresh look at how someone else interpreted the piece. (To see my personal Pinterest, click on this link.)


I hope that you guys found this post helpful! Also, if you want to see pictures of me using these 'battle strategies' then comment below, and I'll consider it if I get enough interest. Or if you just a question about the post, please feel free to type it up, and I will make sure to help you out the best that I can! Don't forget, if you like this blog, share it! The links to my other social media pages are to your right on the side bar (Unless you are on the mobile version. Then you will need to scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on the Full Website Link.) Thanks for taking the time to read this! Happy Monday, XO Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment